A Question

Is it perfectly ok to be yourself? ...ALWAYS?

I pondered that question for a bit this morning as I sat at my keyboard.  As the activities for the day that lay ahead played in my head, I felt myself looking around, and I wondered if I had the right to be what "I am" for as long as I wanted.

If I am a person who needs to be free from everything in order to be happy, then am I allowed to do that at the expense of others?

In fact if I am allowed to do exactly what I want, is that not at the expense of someone else who has to work hard for my luxury? The law of relativity states~ that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

If selfishness and greed are the underlying factors wrapped up in the guise of creativity, then is compassion, generosity and unselfishness dull?

What is the gnawing feeling inside that creates angst when you need to go against the grain of who you really are? Isn't it the checks and balances of life....and if you balance them, are you who you truly are only on one side of that balance?

Does being out of balance feel like this picture to you? Or does being in balance feel like this picture to you?

I guess the answer may be all in YOUR perspective!







Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You know ... I have pondered this same thing often. Especially now I am not doing SU! As a business anymore ... And my creating is simply for my own pleasure! Why do I spend so much time keeping up with blog friends? Even the money I spend ... Is it ok to do so? It does seem very self indulgent at times! Oh dear! Now you have put it in my head today! exactly what have I achieved in life? Should I look for something more 'giving' to spend my time on? Sigh ... Will ponder some more ... And change little! I am a coward! Hugs xxx

Diana said...

I think that you answered a lot of your own questions. If what you are doing seems wrong to you then change it, if it doesn't, then it's all good. As long as you aren't hurting anyone along the way.
About the balance part, when I find some, I'll let you know!!
Love Di ♥

Megan said...

Some days (most, maybe), I wish I could pick up and run away - and be free from all constraints. No obligations, no schedule, no planning - just me doing what feels right, when it feels right. I'm a free-spirit. I'm a creative soul. And sometimes, I feel like a flower that is wilting because I can't quite reach the sunlight.

But on the other hand, I love my husband, I love my daughter, and I chose them - which means I chose the obligations, I chose the schedule, I chose the planning. So I do it (and, man, I do it WELL!). Is it right? Is it healthy? I'm not sure. But I pray on it every night and every morning that God will bring some balance into my life so I'm not ALL selfish and not ALL giving (if that even makes any sense at all).