quiet still AWEsomeness


I chose this picture as a link to my BackYard Door blog because it is symbolic of how I am restored. When I picture myself standing at the edge of this scene I pause and take in the moment before entering the fenced pathway. I settle my soul and reflect upon my life, the life that God has given me. I have a choice as I stand alone in the silence of Him. I can be who He wants me to be or I can choose not to be that person. So often I never stop to feel the quiet of His presence and therfore get lost in the noise of what life deals me. Then I wonder why I am in such chaos. I forget to stop!

If I would just listen to what I know. If I would just go back to what feels comfortable to me. If I would just STOP for a moment before heading down a pathway it would all be there in front of me like a vast quiet ocean of peace.

...... before you take one more step in your day, look beyond this pathway out to the horizon and be still, take a deep breath, relax your shoulders, feel the warm sand between your toes and be drenched with sun shining on your forehead. Listen, listen to the soft words deep within you.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Great reminder. Thanks for the chills.

Diana said...

This is very good advice for how things are going in my family right now. I need to pray and reflect more during troubling times!
Love Di ♥

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Such wise words! We need to stop & listen in e good times too ... Stop & be thankful! Hugs xxx